A LARGE DECK PROJECTThe challenge To take a backyard that was broken up with small areas and turn it into a large deck for entertaining.(Click on the lower right side of the picture to enlarge, it may take an extra moment before the enlargement download is available)
1. The finished project, a side view 3.Same view when we started the Projct there was a brick patio and an old TREX DECK
5. We removed the old Trex deck that was built wrong, the frame was rotten.
7. Getting ready for piers, opposite view.
9. Installing the Girders
11. Trex decking being laid
ARBOR PROJECTFRONT VIEW The challenge to replace an existing rotten arbor without damaging the old growth vine entangled in the arbor 1. Front view of old vines intertwined in the arbor
3.Here we are framing up the old vines and arbor so we can take and replace the arbor apart one board at a time
Look at the rot
5. The project came out beautiful and the owners were very happy, the vine is healthy
2. The finished project, a front view
4. The start of the project, a front view
6. Another view of the old backyard .
8. Laying plywood on the ground getttin ready for framing to protect the 200 year old oak tree.
10. The framing stage, laying down girders
We are starting to lay down the joist in the framing stage
12. Finish project Beautiful!____________
. ARBOR PROJECT
THE CHALLENGE To replace an existing rotten arbor without damaging the old growth vine growing through it
2. Mold growing on the old arbor beam
4. Once we took off the facing board you can see what the mold did underneath the boards, this extremely rotten beam was very dangerous and was unseen by the owners.
6.The completed arbor built around the existing vine
932 Willow Glen Way
San Jose Calif. 95125
Ph. (408) 315-5388
Fax (408) 297-7787
Lic. No. 450459
or our new location at 802 Jordan Ave. Los Altos Calif. 94022 Call